Thread: Long term Pramiracetam use

  1. #1

    Long term Pramiracetam use

    I notice that you regularly talk about the positive effects of long term NeuroStim use BBB (with reference to plasticity), however I haven't come across you talking much about Pramiracetam. This appears to be the nootropic which I experience the best results with. It does however seem to have a mild stimulatory/anxious effect for me which isn't good, which leads to question of CNS exhaustion? It does however, make me get things done.
    Do you put the same confidence in your long term use of Ani into Prami?
    Interesting to hear your thoughts.

  2. #2
    Chief Editor / Moderator bushidobadboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Sclither View Post
    I notice that you regularly talk about the positive effects of long term NeuroStim use BBB (with reference to plasticity), however I haven't come across you talking much about Pramiracetam. This appears to be the nootropic which I experience the best results with. It does however seem to have a mild stimulatory/anxious effect for me which isn't good, which leads to question of CNS exhaustion? It does however, make me get things done.
    Do you put the same confidence in your long term use of Ani into Prami?
    Interesting to hear your thoughts.
    Interesting; I obviously neglected to state the obvious in my article, lol.... That any compound which facilitates learning will encourage neuroplasticity to a degree. That is in no way a snide jibe at you Sclither, simply me overlooking the obvious - and downgrading the quality of my work as a result.

    Ani, prami, vinpo, DMAE, etc are not 'specialist' synaptogenic (creation of new synapses) agents, however there is some evidence that centrophenoxine IS a synaptogenic agent.

    Regarding CNS exhaustion, I agree that prami (like oxi) may have some slight SNS stimulating effects.

    The key to redress the balance is to:

    A) Not take it (or any other SNS-boosting agents) close to bed time.
    B) Utilise something like NeuroChill or bacopa to offset the stimulation.
    C) Get great sleep with melatonin, L-theanine, phenibut, etc.

    BBB
    To Climb Mount Fuji, You Must First Find a Path...

  3. #3
    Thanks!
    -Is there a water soluble racetam that doesn't tax the SNS as much as Oxi/Prami does?
    -Interesting to hear that Centrophenoxine has been proved to cause synaptogenesis. Surely everyone should use this for choline replenishment given this added benefit? Where do you fit it into your protocol?
    -Which brand of melatonin do you use out of curiosity?

  4. #4
    Chief Editor / Moderator bushidobadboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Sclither View Post
    Thanks!
    -Is there a water soluble racetam that doesn't tax the SNS as much as Oxi/Prami does?
    -Interesting to hear that Centrophenoxine has been proved to cause synaptogenesis. Surely everyone should use this for choline replenishment given this added benefit? Where do you fit it into your protocol?
    -Which brand of melatonin do you use out of curiosity?
    I use 'Superior source' sublingual melatonin, but I think I shall have to move back to a non-sublingual brand, because I clear that stuff so fast that I wake up early, about 5:30am and I have no need to do that, lol.

    For every downside there is an upside. SNS activity may be a small price to pay for the fantastic effects of oxi/prami. Certainly one can partially nullify the SNS effects as I discussed elsewhere.

    In short, there is not yet a water/based (or anything based) racetam that is as effective for purpose as those two.

    BBB
    To Climb Mount Fuji, You Must First Find a Path...

  5. #5
    Thanks! Where do you fit Centrophenoxine into your stack (if at all)?

  6. #6
    Chief Editor / Moderator bushidobadboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Sclither View Post
    Thanks! Where do you fit Centrophenoxine into your stack (if at all)?
    I tend to limit centro use to a short, intense blast every 2-3 years as kind of 'neuronal spring clean'.



    BBB
    To Climb Mount Fuji, You Must First Find a Path...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bushidobadboy View Post
    I tend to limit centro use to a short, intense blast every 2-3 years as kind of 'neuronal spring clean'.



    BBB
    I assume you just take it with your breakfast/first meal?

  8. #8
    Chief Editor / Moderator bushidobadboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by mhj View Post
    I assume you just take it with your breakfast/first meal?
    Or maybe with lunch if I forget

    BBB
    To Climb Mount Fuji, You Must First Find a Path...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bushidobadboy View Post
    Or maybe with lunch if I forget

    BBB
    I can see it's hard if you forget to take nootropics. It's like that book about "getting things done" I never finished reading. lol


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •