Thread: Drug Testing and Nootropics

I'm new here.

Drug Testing and Nootropics

Hello,

I work on the railway where we have regular (and random) drug and alcohol screening. I was wondering if NeroStim or any of the other nootropics sold here at MN may cause a positive result during a drug test ?

Drug tests cover all types of drugs and therefore aren't specific to certain drugs such as cocaine for example.

I would imagine if any nootropic where to lead to a positive result, it would come up as an amphetamine.

I'm new here.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmo1235 View Post
    Hello,

I work on the railway where we have regular (and random) drug and alcohol screening. I was wondering if NeroStim or any of the other nootropics sold here at MN may cause a positive result during a drug test ?

Drug tests cover all types of drugs and therefore aren't specific to certain drugs such as cocaine for example.

I would imagine if any nootropic where to lead to a positive result, it would come up as an amphetamine.
    I'm interested in this area too. I've found this, but not much else... http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/w...a_drug_test.3F

Nootropics will not screen on any drug tests.

Chief Editor / Moderator bushidobadboy's Avatar
    Modafinil (not a nootropic, technically, but a cognitive enhancer - prescription medication - not a Mind Nutrition product) can show up as methamphetamine I believe, simply by warrant of some of the inactive metabolites associated with modafinil/armodafinil.

I would imagine adrafinil is the same.

Other than that, I see no reason why any nutritional supplement (the category that oral nootropics fall into) would trigger a false positive on any drug test that is non sport-related.

BBB
    To Climb Mount Fuji, You Must First Find a Path...

I was careful to write 'nootropic', I don't believe modafinil would come under that label.

I'm new here.
    i think Modafinil comes under nootropics label..
    Last edited by RSGZ; 06-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.

It's narcolepsy medication, whilst it has nootropic properties, I don't think you could call a prescription medication a nootropic.

It is a cognitive enhancer, but because of certain side-effects, it definitely isn't a nootropic in the strict sense of the word.

^Exactly; under the same logic you could call cocaine a nootropic. "Ahh c'mon officer, it's a 'cognitive enhancer'", he says with eyes like dinner-plates and an unhinged jaw.

I'm new here.
    great thank you for clearing my doubt..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast